Should I apply to a pharmacy school with Candidate Status??

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Oversea, Sep 23, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Oversea

Oversea

Jul 17, 2014
    Hello everyone!
    I am applying for several pharmacy school this year in Texas. I plan to apply to UH, texas A&M, Texas Tech. I want to apply to University of north Texas as well in case the other school reject me. However, this is a new school. They have their first students in 2013. Should I apply to a very new school like this? Is it gonna affect my future when i graduate?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Thestrugglez

Thestrugglez 2+ Year Member

Jul 18, 2014
    I am also applying to a bunch of Texas schools (including UNT) and I say go for it. Although it is new, the program seems decent and their campus is nice (from what I heard). And since you said it is your safety school, then you would only be attending if that is the only school that accepts you.

4. rpahuja

rpahuja

Jul 25, 2014
    I would say it's a better bet than a normal new school, since it is already part of a well established health science center. I'm applying there too, but idk if I really want to go there, even though fort worth is my home town

5. Oversea

Oversea

Jul 17, 2014
    Thank you

6. Oversea

Oversea

Jul 17, 2014
    Thank you