Should I apply to a pharmacy school with Candidate Status??

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Oversea, 09.23.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Oversea

Oversea

Hello everyone!
    I am applying for several pharmacy school this year in Texas. I plan to apply to UH, texas A&M, Texas Tech. I want to apply to University of north Texas as well in case the other school reject me. However, this is a new school. They have their first students in 2013. Should I apply to a very new school like this? Is it gonna affect my future when i graduate?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Thestrugglez

Thestrugglez 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am also applying to a bunch of Texas schools (including UNT) and I say go for it. Although it is new, the program seems decent and their campus is nice (from what I heard). And since you said it is your safety school, then you would only be attending if that is the only school that accepts you.

4. rpahuja

rpahuja

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would say it's a better bet than a normal new school, since it is already part of a well established health science center. I'm applying there too, but idk if I really want to go there, even though fort worth is my home town

5. Oversea

Oversea

Thank you

6. Oversea

Oversea

Thank you

About the ads