Should I apply to more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

platty

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Michigan resident. 509 MCAT. 3.78sGPA. 100 cervical cancer research hours. 1500 hours working with the elderly and disabled. 1000 scribe hours. 150 shadow hours. 40 non clinical volunteer hours.
I submitted secondaries to
Wayne state
Oakland
University of Michigan (long shot)
University of AZ Tucson
Western Michigan
Central Michigan
Michigan state
Loyola
Rosalind franklin
Creighton
Wake forest
University of Toledo
Drexel
West Virginia
I sent my primary to GW and Georgetown too but when I saw the amount of applicants they get I figured it wasn't worth the money to submit secondaries there. I did not apply DO.
I submitted most of my secondary applications (with the exception of WVU) in late August- Early September. I have yet to hear back for interviews. Should I be concerned? There's people that were marked complete after me that have already gotten interviews and I'm in silence.. I know it's still early and I have time but if I should apply to more schools I want to do it as early as possible. What are my chances at these schools? Should I apply to more?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Michigan resident. 509 MCAT. 3.78sGPA. 100 cervical cancer research hours. 1500 hours working with the elderly and disabled. 1000 scribe hours. 150 shadow hours. 40 non clinical volunteer hours.
I submitted secondaries to
Wayne state
Oakland
University of Michigan (long shot)
University of AZ Tucson
Western Michigan
Central Michigan
Michigan state
Loyola
Rosalind franklin
Creighton
Wake forest
University of Toledo
Drexel
West Virginia
I sent my primary to GW and Georgetown too but when I saw the amount of applicants they get I figured it wasn't worth the money to submit secondaries there. I did not apply DO.
I submitted most of my secondary applications (with the exception of WVU) in late August- Early September. I have yet to hear back for interviews. Should I be concerned? There's people that were marked complete after me that have already gotten interviews and I'm in silence.. I know it's still early and I have time but if I should apply to more schools I want to do it as early as possible. What are my chances at these schools? Should I apply to more?

Past October 1st you're going to be at a serious disadvantage (you might not meet the last adcom meeting before they break for Thanksgiving according to a schedule Gonnif posted somewhere). I'd scramble to submit 2-3 over this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Agree with above. Could add DO as a safety valve if your not opposed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive several interviews from your list with your Michigan schools the most likely ones. Go ahead and send the secondaries to GW and Georgetown. If you want to add schools consider these:
St. Louis
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Temple
Jefferson

Past October 1st you're going to be at a serious disadvantage (you might not meet the last adcom meeting before they break for Thanksgiving according to a schedule Gonnif posted somewhere). I'd scramble to submit 2-3 over this weekend.

Thanks, I think I'll probably add a few this weekend. The cost is outrageous so I kept my list limited but I really just need to go for it cause reapplying would suck. It sounds like there is still some time to submit a few as long as I get em all in this weekend and hopefully eventually land some interviews.