Should I Apply to More Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LAC2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I had a question that I really am unsure about. I am applying to dental school this year, and have currently applied to seven schools. I am a Texas resident and I have already received one interview from a Texas school. I am wondering if you guys think I should apply to more schools through AADSAS. My stats are a 3.5 GPA, 22 AA, 22 TS, 20 PAT, no sections under 20. I just am wondering if applying to other schools now would put me way behind the ballgame from all of the other applicants. It’s also around $200 for each application, and if I am already behind in the timeline of events, I don’t want to just throw money down the drain. Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

You would be a later applicant at those schools and be at a disadvantage, but not necessarily an insurmountable one. With that said, I think 7 schools is fine - your stats are solid and it's likely you will continue to get more interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
You would be a later applicant at those schools and be at a disadvantage, but not necessarily an insurmountable one. With that said, I think 7 schools is fine - your stats are solid and it's likely you will continue to get more interviews.
Thanks! I guess that’s why I was wondering if I should add more because I have only received one interview and I was getting a little nervous because some people have like 10 interciews already! My application wasn’t finalized until August though.