Should I apply to more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayang8

Reaction score
Hello! I'm wondering if I should apply to more schools/take out any? Price is a big priority, I don't think I want to specialize, and I didn't take microbio. Thank you!!

School list:
  • Stony
  • Buffalo
  • Touro ?
  • UCLA
  • UCSF
  • LECOM
  • Rutgers
  • UNC

Overall GPA: 3.87
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA 26, TS 26, Bio 30, GC 25, OC 25, PA 23, QR 27, RC 24
State of Residence: New York

Undergrad Attended: Boston University
Major: Human Physiology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100, mostly general dentistry
Volunteering Experience: 300+ at hospitals
Employment: 760, food service and animal care
Research: 110, plugging data into excel, not wet lab
Other Extracurriculars: 4 years in choral club (2 years president), a lifetime of drawing lol, 13 years playing violin
Relevant Honors or Awards: dean's list all 4 years, college honor society
LOR type and strength: 3 science profs (not very strong..), 1 dentist, 1 volunteer coordinator

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm wondering if I should apply to more schools/take out any? Price is a big priority, I don't think I want to specialize, and I didn't take microbio. Thank you!!

School list:
  • Stony
  • Buffalo
  • Touro ?
  • UCLA
  • UCSF
  • LECOM
  • Rutgers
  • UNC

Science GPA: 3.88
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.82
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA 26, TS 26, Bio 30, GC 25, OC 25, PA 23, QR 27, RC 24

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Other Extracurriculars: 4 years in choral club (2 years president), a lifetime of drawing lol, 13 years playing violin
LOR type and strength: 3 science profs (not very strong..), 1 dentist, 1 volunteer coordinator

why LECOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Take off touro. It's too expensive. With a 3.8 and 26 DAT, you should be fine getting interviews at your state schools.

School list:
  • Stony
  • Buffalo
  • Touro ?
  • UCLA
  • UCSF
  • LECOM
  • Rutgers
  • UNC

Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA 26, TS 26, Bio 30, GC 25, OC 25, PA 23, QR 27, RC 24

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Great stats! Id recommend adding UConn– excellent program all around, and you can get CT residency after the first year. Also, think about applying to Texas schools-- as difficult as it is for an OOS, it's actually really possible for you to get in with your stats! Any school on the top of your list?

Great stats! Id recommend adding UConn– excellent program all around, and you can get CT residency after the first year. Also, think about applying to Texas schools-- as difficult as it is for an OOS, it's actually really possible for you to get in with your stats! Any school on the top of your list?
Thank you, I'll look into UConn! Not sure I'll take the risk with Texas schools though haha
Stony brook is the goal!

Thank you, I'll look into UConn! Not sure I'll take the risk with Texas schools though haha
Stony brook is the goal!

What's so risky about it? At worst you'll lose out on a few hundred bucks (idk what TMDAS costs)

The plus side, you could get into some of the cheapest schools in the country. That can save you 100k+

What's so risky about it? At worst you'll lose out on a few hundred bucks (idk what TMDAS costs)

The plus side, you could get into some of the cheapest schools in the country. That can save you 100k+
Because TX is only dirt cheap if you can get IS. And to become a resident, you must live in Texas for a year for non-educational related reasons. So it's really hard to do for OOS people

Reactions: 1 users