1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should I apply to more schools

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by tharms, Jul 29, 2011.

1. tharms

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Currently I have applied to about 15 schools, which are all MD schools. I'm wondering if I should apply to anymore schools as a backup. In addition, should I apply to a couple of DO schools too. Also, is there a chance my M writing score will hurt me through the application process.

To view my stats click on my link MD applicants profile (http://www.mdapplicants.com/profile.php?id=23419)

I will appreciate any opinion provided.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Whatyousay

Whatyousay A few loose screws
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    I can't make any specific comments about your school list, but here are some specific thoughts:

- You seem pretty light on clinical experience (although you seem to have an above average number of shadowing hours)
    - With a 32 / ~4.0, you really don't need to apply to DO schools if you're not enthusiastic about their philosophy.
    - No one cares about your writing score.