Should I apply to these 6 schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MisterFutu

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an ORM, mcat 29, california resident, cgpa 3.4 and sgpa 3.5

Should I apply to these schools:

Wayne(recieved secondary on july 31)
USF(recieved secondary on july 7, might be a bit late to send secondary for this school)
Wakeforest(july 17)
Miami(July 21)
Tulane(July 7)
Indiana(not yet secondary)

I already applied to 8-10 d.o. schools, and about 15-20 m.d. schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I am an ORM, mcat 29, california resident, cgpa 3.4 and sgpa 3.5

Should I apply to these schools:

Wayne(recieved secondary on july 31)
USF(recieved secondary on july 7, might be a bit late to send secondary for this school)
Wakeforest(july 17)
Miami(July 21)
Tulane(July 7)

I already applied to 8-10 d.o. schools, and about 15-20 m.d. schools.

Wayne: No
USF: No
Wakeforest: Maybe but I believe the 10th percentile MCAT here is 30
Miami: Check the 10th percentile MCAT
Tulane: Maybe again check the 10th percentile MCAT and GPA stats here.
Indiana: No

Reactions: 1 users
oo I see. so should I be weary of the 10th percentile acceptance statistics if it is above my actual score? Because Miami and Tulane also have 30mcat as there 10th percentile

Members don't see this ad :)
oo I see. so should I be weary of the 10th percentile acceptance statistics if it is above my actual score?

As a general rule schools where you are below the 10th percentile are really going to be long shots. In your case, you've already spent 15-20 MD applications so at this point it might be worthwhile just to go all in and use the shotgun approach of applying to almost any lower tier which takes a good number of OOS that you might be remotely competitive for. Tulane, Miami and Wake are all real long shots(all lower tier OOS schools will be for a 3.5/29 CA ORM) but if you want to maximize your MD chances that is probably the best way to do it. Just be open to the fact that the odds are fairly high you won't even get a single II with this approach(it's just too competitive now days) but if you are fine with that then go all in. You should be fine for DO's.

Ah I see. Thanks for your insight GrapesofRath! I'm hoping that applying early and having a compelling story might help me land an interview.

No to all.

Most of these have MCAT 10th %iles at 30, and USF and IU are IS biased, especially against people with stats < median. State schools favor the home team.

Grapo's post summed it up nicely.

Your best chances will be with DO schools, but there are a fair number of MD schools for which you're in striking distance, especially if you have some killer ECs.

USF (recieved secondary on july 7, might be a bit late to send secondary for this school)
Wakeforest(july 17)
Miami(July 21)
Tulane(July 7)

Reactions: 1 user
Well Indiana screens very heavily for the secondary, so if you get that send that in

Thank you for all your help.