Should I apply to Touro-CA with these stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saleemrodman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA = 3.2
sGPA = 3.2
MCAT = 507 (126-125-128-128)
ECs = Volunteered at Hospital (400 hours), Caregiver for dementia patients (1100 hours), Participated in a rural clinic mission in Ecuador, Volunteered with children in West Africa, Shadowed MD and DO Internal Medicine Physicians (OMM included)
Letters = 2 Science, 1 non-science, and 1 DO letter.
Residency = California/non-URM

Literally got screwed by grade replacement, cause I retook a lot of classes. (Strong upward trend).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will it help considering my GPA?
GPA is on the low end but still makes all cut offs.
Your MCAT is enough above average for osteo schools to off set that though.

I don't see MD being an option for you, but I think you'll have your pick of DO schools with a broad enough application.

Also, maybe stray away from GPA heavy schools such as my school - the VCOM's. Do some research as for other schools to avoid, but end of the day your MCAT will get you several acceptances as far as I can tell.

Good luck!

I don't see MD being an option for you, but I think you'll have your pick of DO schools with a broad enough application.

Also, maybe stray away from GPA heavy schools such as my school - the VCOM's. Do some research as for other schools to avoid, but end of the day your MCAT will get you several acceptances as far as I can tell.

Good luck!

Tried to direct message you, and could not. What does VCOM consider to be high GPAs? I know what it means in the traditional sense, but not what it means in the DO / VCOM sense.

@Saleemrodman1 I think your ability to land an acceptance for DO is particularly well off due to your MCAT, ECs, and DO letter! Do as gensurge said, and you should be holding an acceptance by March.

Tried to direct message you, and could not. What does VCOM consider to be high GPAs? I know what it means in the traditional sense, but not what it means in the DO / VCOM sense.

@Saleemrodman1 I think your ability to land an acceptance for DO is particularly well off due to your MCAT, ECs, and DO letter! Do as gensurge said, and you should be holding an acceptance by March.
VCOM will glady take 3.6 GPA's and a 500, over a 3.2 504 after looking at my class averages...

Reactions: 1 user

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice. I'm sticking to west coast schools, but Touro-CA is my neighbourhood school.

Good luck!
Agree 100%

Reactions: 1 user