Should I be buying books or something, one week before class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paws

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My orientation starts on the 23rd and so far I am just fluffing around doing not much of anything but just enjoying myself and making sure I am having a good time. Ok, I am being a lazy bum, but you know what I mean.

I have been wondering if I should be buying my stethoscope NOW, and all sorts of books as recommended by you, my fellow SDNers :) , or should I just take it easy and then buy it the first week or so of orientation/class.

I feel like I should be doing something, but you guys would know better - my school actually said they will have resources on campus for us to order from so we shouldn't worry. What did you all do ??

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing you'll need on day one is something to write with, and a backpack to haul away all the papers you'll be given. If they really want you to read something out of a textbook, just use the library's copies until you figure out which ones are worth buying. And when you buy books, use the student booksale where M2s sell their used ones -- you'll save $$$ that way.

Paws said:
Hey all,

My orientation starts on the 23rd and so far I am just fluffing around doing not much of anything but just enjoying myself and making sure I am having a good time. Ok, I am being a lazy bum, but you know what I mean.

I have been wondering if I should be buying my stethoscope NOW, and all sorts of books as recommended by you, my fellow SDNers :) , or should I just take it easy and then buy it the first week or so of orientation/class.

I feel like I should be doing something, but you guys would know better - my school actually said they will have resources on campus for us to order from so we shouldn't worry. What did you all do ??

Take it easy and wait. You're not going to need anything at the beginning. See what's useful to have at your school by talking to the M2s and above.