Medical Should I be concerned about being accepted to a new school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I was recently accepted to Nova MD, a very new school with only two classes so far. This is my first acceptance and I’m on 4 other waitlists. I really liked the environment of the school and the Med students seemed to like the program so far but they did seem worried about the uncertainty of the reputation of the program. I was wondering if you had any advice on how to approach attending a new program, especially when it comes to considering competitive specialties.

Thanks!
Although I don’t know anything in particular about Nova MD, I think you should be fine with any MD school. For newer DOs, sometimes they have trouble locking down quality rotations, but MD schools I feel have their stuff down.

The specialty you get into depends 95% on you, not the medical school you attend. If you go to Nova and work your a** off, you can do very well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Although I don’t know anything in particular about Nova MD, I think you should be fine with any MD school. For newer DOs, sometimes they have trouble locking down quality rotations, but MD schools I feel have their stuff down.

The specialty you get into depends 95% on you, not the medical school you attend. If you go to Nova and work your a** off, you can do very well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Agree 100%. MD schools have to go through far more vetting than DO schools, hence a PD will not immediately throw your app in the trash. Part of the working your ass off that my young colleague refers to will be networking.

EDIT: and with two classes under thier belt already, Nova at least will have worked out a few kinks in content delivery, which is always a problem with new schools, MD or DO.

Status
Not open for further replies.