should i be concerned about the # of interviews at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoyohomieg5432

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is my first time applying to med schools and I've never monitored the boards before this year so I don't really know what to expect. When I'm in the 2013-2014 thread I see lots of people getting interview invites. Up to this point I have 3 interview invites and I've applied to roughly 28 schools (although about 7 or 8 i just submitted secondaries within the last 2 weeks).

Is 3 a good amount up to this point? or am i below the curve? around what time will the bulk of interview invites be given out? I just see people in threads with submission dates later than me getting invites and worried

Members don't see this ad.

So this is my first time applying to med schools and I've never monitored the boards before this year so I don't really know what to expect. When I'm in the 2013-2014 thread I see lots of people getting interview invites. Up to this point I have 3 interview invites and I've applied to roughly 28 schools (although about 7 or 8 i just submitted secondaries within the last 2 weeks).

Is 3 a good amount up to this point? or am i below the curve? around what time will the bulk of interview invites be given out? I just see people in threads with submission dates later than me getting invites and worried

Either you're trolling or you're the reason rational people hate SDN.

You're not allowed to worry about interview invites until October (if you have none) or January (if you are getting some). August is not the time to worry about them. Many schools don't even send out invites until September, and not getting an invite now just means that you don't seem to be in the cream of the cream for that school. Doesn't mean you won't get an interview or get accepted down the line.

Members don't see this ad :)
So we have to suffer through one of these threads once a day now?

Don't worry about the number of interviews. All it takes is 1 to be a doctor.

It is still early so don't worry if you haven't gotten an interview yet.

+pity+

Most applicants have zero at this point. Get some perspective.

Three this early makes me think you probably will be seeing more down the road. In any case, you already have three solid chances get an acceptance. Just make sure you practice...yes...practice interviewing.

So we have to suffer through one of these threads once a day now?

lol sorry, didn't realize it was that bad of a question! i stick mainly in the 2013-2014 thread so i didn't know :eek:

:laugh:

It's OK OP, it's that time of year where the tension is high and the neuroticism starts to take over a bit and tempers are flaring. You're fine, 3 II is great at this point. :thumbup:

:laugh:

It's OK OP, it's that time of year where the tension is high and the neuroticism starts to take over a bit and tempers are flaring. You're fine, 3 II is great at this point. :thumbup:

Maybe that was a bit harsh. It was clearly an earnest question.

Seeing as there are people still submitting and taking the Mcat, you shouldn't. Come back and post like this if Feb comes and those 3 interviews were the only you received.

I don't understand why people post these "ohmygodionlyhavexamountofinterviews" posts.

Have you thought about it? What are you gaining from posting this on this forum? Even if it is below average (which it is, 3/28 is horrible I would accept nothing less than 100%) you can't do ANYTHING about it. You can't tap your heels together and magically wish more schools will interview you - it is what it is. Rather than writing this post you should've been casually sipping on a 6-pack with some buddies, dreaming of all the fun times you'll have in medical school.
1670cub.jpg

If you somehow blow all your interviews and don't get in - come back and ask what went wrong. Nothing good comes from posts like these except for providing me a place to post pictures of my favorite Kelly's Heroes character.

OP, I know the feeling. I'm sitting on the same number of interviews and watching the same handful of people getting interviews at all of my top schools. It's just insecurity with a pinch of impatience. You have to realize that there will always be stellar people like this that adcoms (regardless of school) will swoon over. However, not every applicant is like this and it's *still* August. More interviews will start rolling in later in September. Interview slots are just starting to fill. Just be confident in your own stats and go find something other than the school specific threads to occupy yourself.

Last edited: