should i be mad at my pre-med advisor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yeyyy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my school does this composite letter, where i get 3 LORs sent to the premed advisor, and she compiles them into this composite letter... my LORs should have been with her for about 2 months now, and AADSAS doesnt have the composite letter yet.
so should i be mad at the advisor and worried about my app now, or is it still alright?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried contacting her to find out what happened?

I think you should burst into her office raving like a lunatic, spouting jibberish, and foaming at the mouth.

Then politely explain your Tourette's is acting up and you'd like to enquire as to her progress on your letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
A general rule of thumb you should consider during the application period is to always check up on everything. Whether it is making sure your professors get your LORs to AADSAS or that the schools get your application along with everything else they require. No one will put in as much effort as you deserve so you're pretty much on your own. Do not depend on anyone to get it done for you.

I'm not being a pessimist or anything. I'm just speaking from experience. AADSAS took wayyy too long to correct something on my application. Various LORs never made it to different schools. Even my DAT scores didn't make it to one school and I didn't find out until just a couple of weeks ago. I got the notice from the school AFTER I was rejected. You have to stay on top of things and make sure that you get your business taken care of. Good luck. :luck:

Yeyyy said:
my school does this composite letter, where i get 3 LORs sent to the premed advisor, and she compiles them into this composite letter... my LORs should have been with her for about 2 months now, and AADSAS doesnt have the composite letter yet.
so should i be mad at the advisor and worried about my app now, or is it still alright?

Dude, If I got mad at everything wrong that the pre-med advisor told me, I would have went on a rampage by now. Same goes for pre-health students who stab you in the back.

Pre-med advisiors dont know anything, they have masters in education, never applied, never took pre-reqs, best thing to do is avoid them and rely on close friends and admissions commitees . Always go to the source, never the middle man, bc 9/10 times, they want to screw you over.

In your case, just keep calling them.