Should I be worried about my Kaplan Full Length 3 score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Taking the exam on September 9th. The goal is a 506+. I took Kaplan full length 3, and scored a 505: 125/127/127/126. I usually do well on the B/B section and the P/S section (130 on AAMC scored)...but Kaplan's P/S section was so weird! I usually get a 126 on C/P (got a 126 on the AAMC scored exam), so this 125 (55th percentile) worries me. It worries me mostly because I've worked SO HARD at practicing C/P...Are there just some subjects you'll never be good at, no matter what? Am I in okay shape for the exam in September? Applying to DO schools here. cGPA of 3.7 and sGPA of 3.6. Are Kaplan's exams considered easier or harder than the actual exam? Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Im assuming you havent done any research whatsoever about FL difficulty from the different prep companies.

This is a pretty rude post.

But to answer the question that is a good score for Kaplan. Many say Kaplan's exams are more difficult and end up scoring better on the actual mcat

But to answer the question that is a good score for Kaplan. Many say Kaplan's exams are more difficult and end up scoring better on the actual mcat

Theres many many threads about how deflated and difficult Kaplan is. If people took three minutes to search, we wouldnt have the same questions over and over.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks. I've been reading the other posts - I just don't understand how the scores are deflated though...wouldn't a 67 percentile correspond to a 126, and a 55 percentile correspond to a 125, like the actual exam?

Hey guys,

Taking the exam on September 9th. The goal is a 506+. I took Kaplan full length 3, and scored a 505: 125/127/127/126. I usually do well on the B/B section and the P/S section (130 on AAMC scored)...but Kaplan's P/S section was so weird! I usually get a 126 on C/P (got a 126 on the AAMC scored exam), so this 125 (55th percentile) worries me. It worries me mostly because I've worked SO HARD at practicing C/P...Are there just some subjects you'll never be good at, no matter what? Am I in okay shape for the exam in September? Applying to DO schools here. cGPA of 3.7 and sGPA of 3.6. Are Kaplan's exams considered easier or harder than the actual exam? Help!

No, I wouldn't worry about it. You should base your prospective performance mainly off the AAMC material, namely the scored and unscored. I got a 504 on Kaplan FL 3 but got a 511 on the AAMC scored and on the real thing. The FLs from prep companies should be considered, I believe, for mainly extra practice/content review and practicing timing/stamina.

If you want to know if you're prepared for your exam in September look to your AAMC exam scores. Are they at or close to their range you're aiming for? If so, you should be fine. If not, you might have a problem.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't worry about it. You should base your prospective performance mainly off the AAMC material, namely the scored and unscored. I got a 504 on Kaplan FL 3 but got a 511 on the AAMC scored and on the real thing. The FLs from prep companies should be considered, I believe, for mainly extra practice/content review and practicing timing/stamina.

If you want to know if you're prepared for your exam in September look to your AAMC exam scores. Are they at or close to their range you're aiming for? If so, you should be fine. If not, you might have a problem.

Thanks. I took the scored last month and got a 126/122/128/130: 506. But my CARS has improved since then, judging by the FLs.