buckeyes15

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
At the risk of sounding like a neurotic pre-med, I just am trying to gauge what level my nervousness should be at in terms of hearing back from schools post-secondary. I am a 24 year old reapplicant that took a full year of application improvement before applying again. Stats are as follows: 3.4 cGPA, 3.25 sGPA, 511 MCAT and around 2000 hours current clinical employment. I have been complete with many schools since early-mid July but have heard nothing back from anyone. I see plenty of IIs going out to people who were complete around the same time to schools I applied to. I know this is a long process but any ideas about what I should be expecting would be much appreciated. I almost exclusively applied to DO schools, with a few MD.

Scrubs101

2+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2015
Status
Medical Student
What's your school list?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Marrowist

Bone Boy
2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Yes, lets see the list.

OP
buckeyes15

buckeyes15

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
What's your school list?

I am an Illinois resident who went to undergrad in Ohio

DO:
DMU
KCUMB
Both Midwesterns
MUCOM
Nova Southeastern (Fl)
OU-HCOM
A.T. Still (Mesa)
MSUCOM

I have more that I have to wait on a paycheck to clear to submit secondaries.

OP
buckeyes15

buckeyes15

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I just got a pre-interview hold at AZCOM, but I'm not sure how much they go back and look at those later in the cycle

Marrowist

Bone Boy
2+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Well, it is still very early, and I imagine there were a lot of people complete before you, so I would give it some more time. Or perhaps shoot them a polite email... as long as your EC's and PS/LOR was good, I think you will be fine. Although I would have applied more broadly if possible. ACOM/BCOM/LMUCOM to name a few.

Scrubs101

2+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2015
Status
Medical Student

DO:
DMU
KCUMB
Both Midwesterns
MUCOM
Nova Southeastern (Fl)
OU-HCOM
A.T. Still (Mesa)
MSUCOM

Once that paycheck comes in id definitely suggest BCOM and ACOM. Possible a few others: LECOM-B/E, if you like the Touros theyll love your MCAT(I wouldn't apply to NY), and basically anything you want your pick of. I think it's still very early for IIs and you should hear back from a few of those, I'm sure you know MSU and OU-HCOM have high instate bias but you have connections to the states and a high MCAT so you should have some sort of shot.

A lot of those schools are very competitive. Just give it time, I know it's a crapshoot and can really up the neuroticism. But unless you have any red flags you should receive some IIs. You'll also be much more safe if you add a few others. Best of luck!

OP
buckeyes15

buckeyes15

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks to both of you for the quick replies. I know its early but this whole process does up the neuroticism haha I'll throw a few more out there soon.

Reactions: Scrubs101

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

At the risk of sounding like a neurotic pre-med, I just am trying to gauge what level my nervousness should be at in terms of hearing back from schools post-secondary. I am a 24 year old reapplicant that took a full year of application improvement before applying again. Stats are as follows: 3.4 cGPA, 3.25 sGPA, 511 MCAT and around 2000 hours current clinical employment. I have been complete with many schools since early-mid July but have heard nothing back from anyone. I see plenty of IIs going out to people who were complete around the same time to schools I applied to. I know this is a long process but any ideas about what I should be expecting would be much appreciated. I almost exclusively applied to DO schools, with a few MD.

FutureD.O

OU-HCOM OMS-II
2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2014
Status
Medical Student

DO:
DMU
KCUMB
Both Midwesterns
MUCOM
Nova Southeastern (Fl)
OU-HCOM
A.T. Still (Mesa)
MSUCOM

That's a pretty top heavy list. I'd suggest also applying to ACOM, KYCOM, LMUDCOM, VCOM, WCUCOM. Adding these will definitely improve your odds!

Last edited:

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I have a decently similar app with a higher MCAT, I agree add another 5-6 schools. Just be patient, interviews will come. Trust me ;)

I suggest adding LECOM-E, ACOM, WVSOM, BCOM, KCOM, and any others you care to apply to

Alienman52

Straight from the Mothership
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Your list is pretty competitive considering you sgpa, so as others have said add some less competitive schools. Good luck!
Strongly concur

Reactions: DrMikeP