Should I be worried about not hearing back yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buckeyes15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like a neurotic pre-med, I just am trying to gauge what level my nervousness should be at in terms of hearing back from schools post-secondary. I am a 24 year old reapplicant that took a full year of application improvement before applying again. Stats are as follows: 3.4 cGPA, 3.25 sGPA, 511 MCAT and around 2000 hours current clinical employment. I have been complete with many schools since early-mid July but have heard nothing back from anyone. I see plenty of IIs going out to people who were complete around the same time to schools I applied to. I know this is a long process but any ideas about what I should be expecting would be much appreciated. I almost exclusively applied to DO schools, with a few MD.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your school list?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am an Illinois resident who went to undergrad in Ohio

DO:
DMU
KCUMB
Both Midwesterns
MUCOM
Nova Southeastern (Fl)
OU-HCOM
A.T. Still (Mesa)
MSUCOM

I have more that I have to wait on a paycheck to clear to submit secondaries.

I just got a pre-interview hold at AZCOM, but I'm not sure how much they go back and look at those later in the cycle

Well, it is still very early, and I imagine there were a lot of people complete before you, so I would give it some more time. Or perhaps shoot them a polite email... as long as your EC's and PS/LOR was good, I think you will be fine. Although I would have applied more broadly if possible. ACOM/BCOM/LMUCOM to name a few.

Reactions: 1 users

DO:
DMU
KCUMB
Both Midwesterns
MUCOM
Nova Southeastern (Fl)
OU-HCOM
A.T. Still (Mesa)
MSUCOM

Once that paycheck comes in id definitely suggest BCOM and ACOM. Possible a few others: LECOM-B/E, if you like the Touros theyll love your MCAT(I wouldn't apply to NY), and basically anything you want your pick of. I think it's still very early for IIs and you should hear back from a few of those, I'm sure you know MSU and OU-HCOM have high instate bias but you have connections to the states and a high MCAT so you should have some sort of shot.

A lot of those schools are very competitive. Just give it time, I know it's a crapshoot and can really up the neuroticism. But unless you have any red flags you should receive some IIs. You'll also be much more safe if you add a few others. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies. I know its early but this whole process does up the neuroticism haha I'll throw a few more out there soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

At the risk of sounding like a neurotic pre-med, I just am trying to gauge what level my nervousness should be at in terms of hearing back from schools post-secondary. I am a 24 year old reapplicant that took a full year of application improvement before applying again. Stats are as follows: 3.4 cGPA, 3.25 sGPA, 511 MCAT and around 2000 hours current clinical employment. I have been complete with many schools since early-mid July but have heard nothing back from anyone. I see plenty of IIs going out to people who were complete around the same time to schools I applied to. I know this is a long process but any ideas about what I should be expecting would be much appreciated. I almost exclusively applied to DO schools, with a few MD.

DO:
DMU
KCUMB
Both Midwesterns
MUCOM
Nova Southeastern (Fl)
OU-HCOM
A.T. Still (Mesa)
MSUCOM

That's a pretty top heavy list. I'd suggest also applying to ACOM, KYCOM, LMUDCOM, VCOM, WCUCOM. Adding these will definitely improve your odds!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have a decently similar app with a higher MCAT, I agree add another 5-6 schools. Just be patient, interviews will come. Trust me ;)

I suggest adding LECOM-E, ACOM, WVSOM, BCOM, KCOM, and any others you care to apply to

Reactions: 2 users
Your list is pretty competitive considering you sgpa, so as others have said add some less competitive schools. Good luck!
Strongly concur

Reactions: 1 user