Should I be worried about this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbs152

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS app was verified on Monday. When I was looking over it, I noticed a typo in the course listing section. Organic Chemistry at my school is split over three quarters, and the numbering goes as 210-1,-2,-3. On my application, the first quarter of orgo is listed as 210-2. It should be 210-1. At the advice of the support people at AMCAS, I sent an academic change request, but I just got the email saying they can't change course numbers.

I'm fairly sure I didn't write it incorrectly, as I reviewed my app three times before I sent it out. Furthermore, I know the course numbers are written properly on my transcript, so even if there was an error AMCAS could have caught it.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, I just sent the request because I have time before the first wave of apps go out. I also retook the whole orgo sequence last summer, so I have the entire course finished, and that is listed normally on my application. This error just makes it look like I took 210-2 three times, and 210-1 only once.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry man. Nobody will notice, and even if they did, they wouldn't care. :thumbup: