should i be worried or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irule285

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is coming up soon and I've been doing TPR full lengths and been getting in the range of Low 500s,.
Scores:

Seeing such low scores is so discouraging!! Is the actual exam this hard for the people who did TPR full lengths?

Members don't see this ad.

TPR at least to me doesn't seem representative of the real thing. I think I can accept that I have content gaps which tends to be TPR's focus. I similarly scored 501 on TPR1 but scored 83% on the OG (90% BB/80% CP/80% PS/85% CARS). I think once you start doing AAMC stuff you'll realize it's more about passage interpretation. At least that's what I got the gist of from just the OG. Don't stress it too much, just start working towards official AAMC stuff so you understand the difference.

As for me, I am not touching a single TPR exam again until I take my real MCAT. Just not indicative of what it'll feel like. I felt like the AAMC OG passages were less about content and more about experiment interpretation. It slightly hinted at content knowledge but very discretely, it almost never was a FSQ in a passage. TPR exams are like half FSQs. Maybe look at more TBR or EK stuff. I think they are on par for AAMC.