should I be worried?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ehwic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a reapplicant this year, and one of the schools that I've applied to put me on hold for a II when I got one the first time that I've applied.

Given the situation, should I be worried that my application has a red flag? Should I be worried about it in general?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a reapplicant this year, and one of the schools that I've applied to put me on hold for a II when I got one the first time that I've applied.

Given the situation, should I be worried that my application has a red flag? Should I be worried about it in general?
Could be a couple things:
1) How did you perform at their interview last year? Did you give off any weird vibes?
2) Has your application changed significantly enough over the past year to overcome the fact that you are now a reapplicant? Did you simply reuse your personal statement and other essays?
3) Perhaps the school is choosing to be more selective this year based on admissions data from the prior year.

As long as you are still getting II's from other schools, your application shouldn't have major red flags. If you're not getting any II's from other schools though within the next couple of weeks, I would start suspecting that something may be awry. Good luck and hang in there.

Reactions: 1 user
Could be a couple things:
1) How did you perform at their interview last year? Did you give off any weird vibes?
2) Has your application changed significantly enough over the past year to overcome the fact that you are now a reapplicant? Did you simply reuse your personal statement and other essays?
3) Perhaps the school is choosing to be more selective this year based on admissions data from the prior year.

As long as you are still getting II's from other schools, your application shouldn't have major red flags. If you're not getting any II's from other schools though within the next couple of weeks, I would start suspecting that something may be awry. Good luck and hang in there.

Thanks! It's been 3 years since my first cycle so I figured there would be improvements thats why I was a little surprised that I didn't get an II again this year. How common is it to not get a re-II the second time around?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you really expect the school to drop everything they're doing and send you an II, among the several thousand apps they're already getting?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Thanks! It's been 3 years since my first cycle so I figured there would be improvements thats why I was a little surprised that I didn't get an II again this year. How common is it to not get a re-II the second time around?

Do you really expect the school to drop everything they're doing and send you an II, among the several thousand apps they're already getting?

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

No, I wasn't suggesting any school to drop everything and send me an II. I was replying back to Moko's question whether if my application has improved or not.