Should I be worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nisarg2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I just took my second Kaplan full length. I got a 19 on the diagnostic, 26 on kaplan FL-2, and 24 in Kaplan FL-1. The reason I am worried is because kaplan 2 was taken before kaplan 1, and I got a lower score on the latest test. They were taken exactly one week apart. I am planning on taking the real thing in September so I have some time, but this 2pt decrease in score is scary.

Any imput would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

No one cares about Kaplan. Take aamc #3 for free and come back@!

I will but I kind of want to save AAMC tests till a little bit latter so I can take them closer to my test day.

Usually a good move. Eh, scores flux a little bit, but try to think of the overall increase and just make sure you're carefully reviewing your exam after.

Members don't see this ad :)
You definitely shouldn't worry because that will get you nowhere and only hinder your ability to efficiently study. Kaplan's FL tests are difficult and are intended to demonstrate your weak areas. As you take more practice tests, you'll gain a better understanding of the test structure. For example, the PS section on one practice test may place a strong emphasis on quantum physics, while the following one will be more geared towards thermodynamics or kinematics.

I'm currently prepping with Kaplan as well, and after scoring a 17 on the diagnostic two months ago, I can assure you that I totally panicked. However, my negativity and anxiety only worked to inhibit me from performing to the best of my ability on the first few practice tests. Just recently I've come to realize the critical importance of "post-practice review". The more time you spend reviewing your mistakes, answer explanations, and question 'traps' on the practice tests, the better you will be at getting into the mind of the test-maker and knowing what to anticipate. By doing this, my recent FL scores have jumped up to 27-30 in the matter of a couple weeks; I still have 5.5 weeks until test day.

If you proceed onto a practice test without having reviewed where you went wrong on a prior FL, you shouldn't be surprised to see that your score hasn't improved much, or may have even dropped. The only limitation to one's success on the MCAT is the amount of effort they are willing to invest. Be thankful that you still have quite a bit of time to strengthen your trouble spots and drastically improve your score.

Best of luck!

You definitely shouldn't worry because that will get you nowhere and only hinder your ability to efficiently study. Kaplan's FL tests are difficult and are intended to demonstrate your weak areas. As you take more practice tests, you'll gain a better understanding of the test structure. For example, the PS section on one practice test may place a strong emphasis on quantum physics, while the following one will be more geared towards thermodynamics or kinematics.

If you proceed onto a practice test without having reviewed where you went wrong on a prior FL, you shouldn't be surprised to see that your score hasn't improved much, or may have even dropped. The only limitation to one's success on the MCAT is the amount of effort they are willing to invest. Be thankful that you still have quite a bit of time to strengthen your trouble spots and drastically improve your score.

Best of luck!

:thumbup:

Seriously, don't worry about it too much. Kaplan writes their test to be very subject specific. If you don't know one thing, then you may get 10 questions wrong and bring your score down a lot! Just use it to address your weak areas since I am sure most of your wrongly answered questions are based on a few subjects. Address your weaknesses and fix it.