Should I bother with NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJOHN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey I recently got accepted to Penn, and I was wondering if I should even bother with my interview at NYU next week. Is there anyone who recommends I go to see the facilities just in case? Cost is about the same, so I am wondering if the Penn reputation would just be a better choice...ummm

Members don't see this ad.

Are there costs that go along with you attending the NYU interview? If there are no costs go to the interview. The only other reason that you shouldn't go to the NYU interview is if you are 100% certain you will go to Penn.

NYU is very impressive so if you have the time and ability you should go and check it out. Now if it is going to cost mega dollars and you are set on Penn then it won't be useful to you, but if you are open minded you may like NYU.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got into NYU also, and there is absolutely no way you should attend NYU instead of Penn, unless you are desperate to live in NYC for some reason...

don't even bother with the NYU interview

NYU is a great school! If you have time go and visit NYU and the city! By the way, they offer a free launch at the end of interview which is great! Who knows maybe you change your mind after you see their excellent facilities!:thumbup:

I dunno, it might be worth seeing NYU. It might not change your mind but I think the facilities were much nicer than Penn and you won't have an excuse to visit other schools anytime soon. Is there really something you'd rather do that day than visit NYC or are you saving travel money?

yeah, NYU has one of the best facilities, and NYC is great...if you have nothing to do, I guess go check the school out, but you won't see anything major that will make you pick NYU over UPenn...

where is your hometown if i may ask?

I live in Toronto, Canada. I have been to NYC a few times, so I am leaning towards just exchanging my flight for one that goes to Boston so I can attend my BU interview instead.

yeah, NYU has one of the best facilities, and NYC is great...if you have nothing to do, I guess go check the school out, but you won't see anything major that will make you pick NYU over UPenn...

where is your hometown if i may ask?

I live in Toronto, Canada. I have been to NYC a few times, so I am leaning towards just exchanging my flight for one that goes to Boston so I can attend my BU interview instead.

Don't think you would choose BU over Penn...

lol don't bother with BU either...

UPenn > NYU > BU

(didnt read previous posts)

If checking out NYU wont cost you much, then just go and check it out. You never know, you might like its atmosphere more than UPenn.

anyways, congrats on your success!