Should I call a recruiter now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScarletKnight24

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I sent an email on the army website that I was interested in their HPSP scholarship program. Today I got a letter from one of the recruiters along with his business card asking me to call him at my convenience to discuss the programs that they have. However, I am applying to dental school next year in 2013 for the 2014 cycle. Is it too early to call him? I am taking my dat this september and applying next year(graduating late so I have to do this)

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

A few weeks ago, I sent an email on the army website that I was interested in their HPSP scholarship program. Today I got a letter from one of the recruiters along with his business card asking me to call him at my convenience to discuss the programs that they have. However, I am applying to dental school next year in 2013 for the 2014 cycle. Is it too early to call him? I am taking my dat this september and applying next year(graduating late so I have to do this)

thanks.

Regarding the recruiter, it is definitely good to keep the contact and get the ball rolling . Obviously you're not going to submit an application just yet, but you'll be well exposed to the Army application system and can have an inside track on information if you start this far ahead. He may even be able to put you in contact with Army dentists in your area, or even get you on post to a dental clinic.

Regarding the recruiter, it is definitely good to keep the contact and get the ball rolling . Obviously you're not going to submit an application just yet, but you'll be well exposed to the Army application system and can have an inside track on information if you start this far ahead. He may even be able to put you in contact with Army dentists in your area, or even get you on post to a dental clinic.

I'll call him now then thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
theres no point in calling now if you're applying for 2014. assuming that you're from NJ, the recruiter will tell you to call back around june of the app cycle.

i'm applying to dental school this cycle, and i was told that i can submit some documents now, but ultimately the process won't get really started until october, which is when the fiscal year starts (they'll know how many scholarships will be allotted for that year). i'm hoping to be boarded by october/november (boarded meaning having my application packet complete).

theres no point in calling now if you're applying for 2014. assuming that you're from NJ, the recruiter will tell you to call back around june of the app cycle.

i'm applying to dental school this cycle, and i was told that i can submit some documents now, but ultimately the process won't get really started until october, which is when the fiscal year starts (they'll know how many scholarships will be allotted for that year). i'm hoping to be boarded by october/november (boarded meaning having my application packet complete).

Oh really? Ok then. I'll just keep his business card and call him next year when I apply

First boards aren't until January. OP it is always better to get started earlier than later, contacting the recruiter now can't hurt even if he/she does tell you to get back in touch later.

Alright. I'll call and see what he has to say.

thanks.