Should I call ADCOM if..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocInProgress

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was complete at VCU for 3 months post secondary and still I get the messgae, "Your M.D. file is now complete. The Admissions Committee will now do a comprehensive review of your application. Once the review is complete, your file will be prioritized, and interviews will be granted based on your priority score and the date your file was completed. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."

A lot of other people that finished much later already have got some sort of reply, ranging from, "Further review is needed.." or "Your application is of great interest.." or "You're invited to an interview.." but me, nada.. still same old message... did they lose my file or something???????????????

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not familiar with this particular school, but I have been complete at 6 schools for over three months and haven't heard anything from anywhere. My status pages, where applicable, say that my application is complete or that my file is under review, etc. I will continue waiting patiently.

they say they don't like calls. don't call.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed at vcu and everyone there is super nice.

dr. whitehurst-cook said that if you have a question don't hesitate to call, so i say go for it.

unless, that is, you've been calling incessantly.

but, i don't see a problem with you just asking for a status check.

They never answer when you call. I keep getting the answering machines.

I'm almost at the 3month mark for VCU too. Still no change in status.

We will find out when the time is right.

i interviewed at vcu and everyone there is super nice.

dr. whitehurst-cook said that if you have a question don't hesitate to call, so i say go for it.

unless, that is, you've been calling incessantly.

but, i don't see a problem with you just asking for a status check.

She also seems to be very receptive to emails and prompt in responding to them, so if that's the way you'd (the OP) prefer to communicate I'm sure that'd be fine too.