Should I call the ad office? (WUSTL)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by STi555, Nov 7, 2002.

1. STi555

STi555 Senior Member

Three weeks ago today, my premed committee sent off their LOR to the schools I am applying to (I know I'm a little late). Anyway, WUSTL's status page still does not show my letter as being recieved. I doubled checked with my school that they sent the letter and I sent an email to WUSTL. However, my email has not been answered. I know that it could that it just takes a while for them to update their web page but three weeks seems like it should be enough time. Should I call them? Did they reject me without opening the letter? Anyone else had experience with their status page?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tBw

tBw totally deluded

it took them 3.5 weeks to add my letters and when I emailed them querying it it took them 1 week to answer the email. I wouldn't worry yet.

4. mws99

mws99 Senior Member

They were a couple weeks behind the other schools about updating their status page for my stuff. I think you should wait one more week.

5. siempre595

I'm gonna go against the other responses and say call. I had the same thing happen. I called, the person I spoke to was super nice and actually rooted through the pile looking for it in the stuff that had not been filed yet (this was awhile go, so the pile may be bigger now). It wasn't there, and as far as I know the first set never made it to their office. I had to re-send the letters. I think it's worth the call. I work at a lab there, and stuff gets to us pretty late sometimes, or else gets placed in other labs and such. It's easy for it to get lost, and if that's all your app is waiting for it's an unnecessary delay.

6. STi555

STi555 Senior Member

Thanks for the reassurance. Their web page says allow 4-5 days for processing so I was thinking they should have done, so I'm glad to hear that they are just slow. Of course my check got cashed pretty quickly.

7. STi555

STi555 Senior Member

Hmm, I didn't see your post when I posted just a minute ago so now I have to think about it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and ask nicely.

8. tBw

tBw totally deluded

of course! ;)