Should i call UofM for my Status?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jofrbr76, Nov 24, 2002.

1. jofrbr76

jofrbr76 Senior Member

I'm an in-state applicant, complete since mid-sept. so it's been just over 8 weeks, which is what they say (6-8 weeks) it takes for reviewing an application. I know i'm not super competitive for them, (3.6gpa, and 32-9v-12p-11b Mcat) but i know i have good LOR and i'm in-state, i guess i would at least like to know if i'm on hold or rejected, something.

Do you think i'm out of line for calling the admissions office and asking for some specifics? I have a feeling their gonna give me the run around, they aren't known for liking my university.

Example, my roomate (3.86gpa, 38-11v-13p-14b, lots of clinical experience, in-state applicant, nicest guy i know) got waitlisted there. I guess i feel like if they won't take him, do i even have a shot??

Anyways, should i call the adm office or what do you think?

Thanx,

Joe

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SunnyS81

SunnyS81 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't call. They are actually amazing from what I found in updating their website. If you are accepted (and possibly waitlisted) it will show in the status website. If you think your application is lost, then you call. Remember that they interview a ton, and you may have not been discussed yet for some reason.

4. jofrbr76

jofrbr76 Senior Member

i haven't interviewed there yet though! I've heard nothing post-secondary, which has been complete for what seems like ages.

Maybe i'm just overconfident, but it seems like i'm at least competitive for an interview. ??? :confused:

Joe

+pissed+