Should I call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tianac2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I first requested my committee LOR my school didn't participate in VirtualEvals, but then there was a mix-up and my program office didn't get my packet ready until almost a month after it should have been. My advisor felt so bad that she coerced her department head into establishing a VirtualEvals account so that my letters could be uploaded.

So, when I was filling out secondaries, I had originally said that my letters would be sent by mail, but after she told me this I emailed all of my schools to let them know that my letters were now on VE. All seemed to be ok. Many schools replied to thank me for the update and to say that they had successfully downloaded my letters. Except for a couple...Now its been almost a month and there is still one school that never acknowledged my email, and still doesn't show my committee letter on the status page.

Should I call?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, give them a call, you have nothing to lose, only to gain.

So, I mustered the courage and called, and man was that admissions guy a poster child for rude....I won't say which school its at, but the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi, my letters of recommendation were uploaded to VirtualEvals about a month ago..--(Cuts me off)--
Admin: That's about how long it usually takes.
Me: Ok, I just wanted to make sure that everything was alright and that you didn't need anything else from me.
Admin: Fine, give me your AMCAS.
Me: Ok, its ******.
Admin: Well it looks like your coordinator is working on it now, so you should be complete next week.
Me: Perfect! Thank you so ---(Click!)---

He hung up on me!