Should I contact programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Staradmiral

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With Rank list deadline approaching, Should I contact programs who are not my #1, just to remind them of me so they dont think im not interested?

i alrdy sent post interview thank yous. But after that, there has been no contact with programs I interviewed in Oct, Nov. Hoping they have not forgotten about me.

Members don't see this ad.

No. They haven't forgotten about you. There's data strongly indicating that the date of interview has no bearing on chances of matching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Programs know that it's a long time from the start of interview season to when the rank lists go in. They do a ranking/scoring of candidates immediately after the interview day (sometimes you can even see them gathering in a conference room as you're leaving). They likely still meet around now for final ranking, but they record a fresh impression of you right after the interview.

If you want to ping them just to remind them you're interested, go ahead, but it's unlikely to make a difference either way.

No. They haven't forgotten about you. There's data strongly indicating that the date of interview has no bearing on chances of matching.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

there's anecdotal evidence out there that certain types of applicants benefit from having gone early and others late. It's really all how you compare with other applicants. Some people look like superstars in week 1, but seem very average once programs have seen more people. Others really shine after a couple of weeks of duds. But on the whole i agree it probably averages out.

there's anecdotal evidence out there that certain types of applicants benefit from having gone early and others late. It's really all how you compare with other applicants. Some people look like superstars in week 1, but seem very average once programs have seen more people. Others really shine after a couple of weeks of duds. But on the whole i agree it probably averages out.
If it's anecdotal, it's not really evidence.

Perhaps not, but you'd still be wrong to ignore it. Basically it's something I know to be true but couldn't give you a link to prove it.
Like Activated Protein C for sepsis? Or "Treating to New Targets"? Or NovoSeven for basically any bleeding. Or....

Trust me...I'm right...just trust me...it will be OK.

Like Activated Protein C for sepsis? Or "Treating to New Targets"? Or NovoSeven for basically any bleeding. Or....

Trust me...I'm right...just trust me...it will be OK.

You know what I'm saying. There's a big difference between having seen how things play out in front of you in a meeting, and the kinds of stuff you are listing.