Should I contact schools about W’s post interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1067005

My premed adviser (who is former adcom at a T5 school) told me that the interviewer may ask about my 5 W’s on my transcript. 4 were when I withdrew due to having to be there for medical issues which have since been resolved and 1 was for a language class which I dropped to take a higher level course in the same language.

I recently interviewed at my top choice, IS medical school. None of my interviewers asked about the W’s but my adviser advised me to contact the admissions office and inform them of the circumstances of my medical withdrawals, especially since he says they fit in with my narrative of wanting to work with underserved communities. He advised that I could talk about how I could talk about how the issue has been since resolved and what I learned from it.

I’m not completely sure whether I should leave it alone, or if I should contact the admissions committee if I’m a borderline applicant for my instate school.

Members don't see this ad.

Leave it alone. It clearly was not an issue if you both received an interview and the interviewers did not think to bring it up.

Reactions: 5 users
Did you mention the W's in any of your secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, this school does not have a secondary and I wasn’t asked to explain during my interview either.
I wouldn’t mention it then. If they want to know, they’ll ask.

Reactions: 2 users
Why would you want to bring attention to something that could only hurt your application.

Reactions: 1 users
Why would you want to bring attention to something that could only hurt your application.
That is why I held off on not taking his advice until I checked here! I honestly trusted my adviser because his advice has been good before and he was a adcom at a T5 school so I chose to trust his credentials/past experience.