Should I contact this med school to ask about my app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HundleBumble

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my secondary application to this medical school and got confirmed August 10. (2 months ago haha) However, I have not heard anything back since!

Normally I would not worry, but my sister got an interview a month ago...and she submitted at the same time as me. And I haven't even gotten rejected or anything...

Now I'm paranoid that since we share the same last name and are living together, this school may have somehow gotten us confused for the same person. Or something like that.

Should I call/email them?

(Basically, is it acceptable to ask about your status if 2 months have passed and everyone else has gotten an interview there?)

EDIT: though academics are certainly not everything, in case any of you ask, my LizzieM is 72-73 (3.88 GPA, 34 MCAT), and my scores are above average for the school in question

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I personally don't think they confused you two as the same people, especially given that everyone has unique AAMC IDs. I don't really think you should ask.. a lot of people have been complete by July and still haven't heard back from schools. It's not exactly late in the cycle.. there is still a lot more movement to be made. I think schools are just really backed up. But of course it's ultimately up to you. I would check their website first, though. Some schools specifically say to NOT call regarding your status (I'm sure it's annoying to them to get so many calls/e-mails). Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I personally don't think they confused you two as the same people, especially given that everyone has unique AAMC IDs. I don't really think you should ask.. a lot of people have been complete by July and still haven't heard back from schools. It's not exactly late in the cycle.. there is still a lot more movement to be made. I think schools are just really backed up. But of course it's ultimately up to you. I would check their website first, though. Some schools specifically say to NOT call regarding your status (I'm sure it's annoying to them to get so many calls/e-mails). Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I did check their website (and the confirmation email they sent me)--and they didn't say anything about calling or not calling to check on my status. You're right that since we all have unique AAMC numbers, it's not very likely that we would get confused...BUT from my programming days, I also know that people do the silliest things to categorize individuals in computer systems and whatnot, haha.

I think I will call, after my sister's interview next week is over.
Thanks for the replies, guys! :)