Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Should I continue?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Harsh Reality, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Harsh Reality

Pre-Medical
    Hello. I am a freshman in college who just transferred to a different institution for the spring semester due to personal reasons. Though I received a "D" in Gen Chem I. Now I am very worried due to my very low gpa. I received a 4.0 at a community college over the summer, but then I moved away from home and I just got bad grades. I just want to know if it's worth pursuing medicine when I have started out so poorly. I would have to redo chemistry again. Then again I want this more than anything. I know DO replaces a retaken class. I am not sure. Do I have a chance at MD now? I think I worry too much. Anyway, I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alibai3ah

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    One bad grade is not going to ruin your chances, just get your act together early on, and I think you'll be fine. Its too early to say your chances are ruined

4. JacksonInTheBox

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey man I know exactly how you feel. I was faced with the same situation no less than two weeks ago. I got a bad grade in a Chem course and I started to panic. You have 3.5 years of school left to raise your GPA. Dominate next semester and your GPA will sky rocket and Chem should be better the next time around. You now know how much work needs to be done so do it. Thats it.

Good Luck.

5. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Let us know your cumulative GPA at all the post-high school institutions attended (including college classes taken for credit while still a HS student), and the total hours you've taken in the classroom (not the APs) and we can give you a real answer.