Should I decline Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goatmed

Suk imperial conditioning certified
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need your interview advice, SDN!

TTUHSC El Paso just sent me an invite. Nonetheless, it's Thursday and it'd make me miss a lab and a lecture which would be a huge inconvenience as I'm fighting to keep the class as an A. I also have 5 other interview invitations from TMDSAS schools and one from BCM, which puts this school at 6th place in my interviewed-choice-ranking (out of 7.) I'm also a bit worn from interviewing weekends, I have to drive to Lubbock (the TX "panhandle") on Thursday and McAllen (southern tip of TX) on Friday after interviewing and then to Dallas next week (already drove to Houston, Galveston, and San Antonio on previous weekends).

Would a polite decline be too overconfident of me?
I'm a LizzyM of 74, Hispanic TX resident (immigrant) with not-special EC stats (340h shadowing, 242h clinical volunteering, 65h non-clinical and 65h research).

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

It is better not to decline an interview until you have one acceptance somewhere. Perhaps you could reschedule it for a later date.

Reactions: 1 users
it's true that you shouldn't decline an interview; I'm from texas too, I would attempt to reschedule until after pre acceptances have been hand out

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all sound right, I will try to schedule. But, I'm only being offered the 19th and 26th of this month by the application portal. Is it something I can ask the adcom about, or would inquiring about different dates give off lack of interest?

Thanks for the advice again, by the way.

Y'all sound right, I will try to schedule. But, I'm only being offered the 19th and 26th of this month by the application portal. Is it something I can ask the adcom about, or would inquiring about different dates give off lack of interest?

nah dw just ask for another date next month

im probs gonna try to do same thing with one of my interviews lol