Should I delay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Restart13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I delay my MCAT? I have two weeks left and today is the last day to delay. I have gotten the following scores:

AAMC 3 = 30 (10,11,9)
AAMC 4 = 28 (9,11,8)
AAMC 5 = 30 (12,9,9)
AAMC 10 = 29 (11, 10, 8)

TPR = 25-26 range with low VR scores.

My goal is to get a minimum 32-33 range on the real test. I plan on finishing the rest of the AAMC tests and reviewing hardcore. LEt me know! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Should I delay my MCAT? I have two weeks left and today is the last day to delay. I have gotten the following scores:

AAMC 3 = 30 (10,11,9)
AAMC 4 = 28 (9,11,8)
AAMC 5 = 30 (12,9,9)
AAMC 10 = 29 (11, 10, 8)

TPR = 25-26 range with low VR scores.

My goal is to get a minimum 32-33 range on the real test. I plan on finishing the rest of the AAMC tests and reviewing hardcore. LEt me know! :eek:

If money isn't an issue, I would delay. While most people score within their average practice tests, they say the real MCAT is harder. You haven't even reached a 32 once but your scores aren't bad at all. So don't be demoralized. You are in your way there.

If money isn't an issue, I would delay. While most people score within their average practice tests, they say the real MCAT is harder. You haven't even reached a 32 once but your scores aren't bad at all. So don't be demoralized. You are in your way there.

I can delay, but I am not sure. All my study friends have been saying I should just stick with it. I think I can improve 2-3 points in the next two weeks, if I really try. Your point is valid though. What I am now thinking is to just keep it and wait until I take AAMC 11 closer to exam day. I know everyone is different but my TPR teacher said he scored 4 points higher in his last week alone.

I can delay, but I am not sure. All my study friends have been saying I should just stick with it. I think I can improve 2-3 points in the next two weeks, if I really try. Your point is valid though. What I am now thinking is to just keep it and wait until I take AAMC 11 closer to exam day. I know everyone is different but my TPR teacher said he scored 4 points higher in his last week alone.

Some people score even higher in their real MCAT than their average. The only downside is being late for this cycle; you know the earlier the better. Definitely take AAMC 11 first because AAMC 11 was a real MCAT administered in 2010 so it is pretty recent and most predicative of the MCAT currently. The bad thing as well is you can never be sure of your performance after an exam, some people feel like they bumped the test while they do great on it and vice versa. So take AAMC 11 first and see where you stand. Good luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people score even higher in their real MCAT than their average. The only downside is being late for this cycle; you know the earlier the better. Definitely take AAMC 11 first because AAMC 11 was a real MCAT administered in 2010 so it is pretty recent and most predicative of the MCAT currently. The bad thing as well is you can never be sure of your performance after an exam, some people feel like they bumped the test while they do great on it and vice versa. So take AAMC 11 first and see where you stand. Good luck !

Thanks! And btw I forgot to mention I am taking it a year early lol I want to get it done so that is also to my advantage as I can wait as long as I want for now.

Thanks! And btw I forgot to mention I am taking it a year early lol I want to get it done so that is also to my advantage as I can wait as long as I want for now.

Lol me and you are in the same boat. I'm applying a year earlier than the regular applicant but If I do great in the MCAT, I will apply this year. I'm filling out my AMCAS now and getting my transcript, personal statement, and letter of recommendations ready by next week. I'm a little late but my state medical school accept mcat scores as late as october 10 for the fall 2012 admission. Great move for you; some people rather enjoy the summer and take it in april while they are able to take it in summer but they just don't. So it is good for us to take it in early in case if we need to retake. What is your state of residence?

Lol me and you are in the same boat. I'm applying a year earlier than the regular applicant but If I do great in the MCAT, I will apply this year. I'm filling out my AMCAS now and getting my transcript, personal statement, and letter of recommendations ready by next week. I'm a little late but my state medical school accept mcat scores as late as october 10 for the fall 2012 admission. Great move for you; some people rather enjoy the summer and take it in april while they are able to take it in summer but they just don't. So it is good for us to take it in early in case if we need to retake. What is your state of residence?

Lol I agree for sure. It's huge advantage especially seeing everyone stress out about it who are applying this year and haven't taken it yet. I live in MI and am trying to get into Wayne Med preferably. Otherwise I will be applying to every MD school in MI plus MSU DO worst case scenario. It's a lot of work doing it early, but definitely worth it in the long run I think.

Lol I agree for sure. It's huge advantage especially seeing everyone stress out about it who are applying this year and haven't taken it yet. I live in MI and am trying to get into Wayne Med preferably. Otherwise I will be applying to every MD school in MI plus MSU DO worst case scenario. It's a lot of work doing it early, but definitely worth it in the long run I think.

Definitely. I just didn't know that AMCAS takes a lot of work to complete. It is so time consuming! Well at any case, good luck and if anything, pm me.