Should I do a post bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mila3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
With a 3.64 cGPA , 3.56 sGPA and 38 MCAT, should I do a post bacc? I received straight A's for the last two semesters in Biochem, Anatomy, Physics 1 and 2, Cell Structure, Histo, and Ecology. I started college with a 4.0 sGPA my freshman year but had one really bad semester in my sophomore year. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

It would be a complete waste of your money. Your overall GPA's are fine with a good trend and a great MCAT. If you have all your EC's squared away as well as your LOR's, I would apply this cycle.

It would be a complete waste of your money. Your overall GPA's are fine with a good trend and a great MCAT. If you have all your EC's squared away as well as your LOR's, I would apply this cycle.
Thanks! I applied to 20 schools mostly low- mid-tier, except for Hopkins and Penn. I am very interested in Hopkins but my GPA is below their 10th percentile so my advisor suggested a post bacc before applying.

Thanks! I applied to 20 schools mostly low- mid-tier, except for Hopkins and Penn. I am very interested in Hopkins but my GPA is below their 10th percentile so my advisor suggested a post bacc before applying.

If that's the kind of advice you're advisor is giving you then do yourself a favor and never go back to that advisor.