Should i do bme/pre-med?

reusm11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this the right place to post, but oh well.

I'm a high school senior who just got into BME at Hopkins with good financial aid. Just wondering: My top goal is to go med-school, but in the case that I do not get in, I would like to use the BME degree/research to pursue other forms of employment like in the pharmaceutical industry (I'd be perfectly fine with this as well).

Just wondering if I should accept going to this major as I've heard much hesitation in regards to majoring in this as a pre-med student, (what with med schools not caring about undergrad prestige, grade deflation). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hopkins in general is a bit of a nightmare for aspiring premeds. You can always start BME and swap to something else if it is too much to handle with a competitive GPA, right?

Reactions: 1 users
BME is Hopkins's flagship program with an extra application component, so I think you would be allowed to drop out of it to the "regular" majors.

I've heard BME is rough as a premed to maintain a high GPA and get ECs done, but people do it. You must be a pretty strong student to have gotten into Hopkin's BME in the first place, and it's a great undergrad that's giving you financial aid. I'd say to check about the rules for dropping BME, but personally I'd go for it