Should I do these supplementaries with my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kas85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are my stats 26P on the MCAT and 3.75 science GPA, 3.86 cum GPA. I am thinking of doing supplementaries for these following schools, I want to know what are my chances of getting an interview at any of these schools:

Loma Linda University, GWU, Howard University, Rosalind Franklin University, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, University of Maryland, Saint Louis University, Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Oklahoma, Temple University, Drexel University, University of Toledo, Penn State, Jefferson Medical, New York Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

is a supplementary the same as a secondary?

if so, why did you even apply to a school in the first place if you did not intend to complete the secondaries?

I applied to over 30 schools in order to give myself more options in terms of secondaries. I narrowed down my list of secondaries to these schools and I just wanted to get an idea of what my chances were to these particular schools. A lot of people like me with my stats like to increase their odds by applying to more schools than the average pre med applicant and then based on their stats they can make appropriate choices about secondaries. There is no rule that says because you submit the primary you have to submit the secondary. It is up to your own discretion. I just want to know what my chances are in these particular schools.

Are you an OK resident? If not, punt this one.

Same with Maryland, Illinois, and probably Toledo, too...unless you have some special ties to these state schools, you are wasting your money...

Are you black/URM? If not, Howard is a reach...

After that - you need to apply to as many schools as possible. You should also shoot for EVMS and Creighton...