Should I drop biology or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yahoogoogle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
right now I have 3.26GPA, majored in mechanical engineering. I got a C in biology last semester, and am on my way of getting another C this semester too. what disturbs me is that it seems it's impossible for me to do well in biology with Mowshowitz, no matter how much time and effort I put into this class. I know that having 2 Cs in biology is probably even worse than Cs in Orgo, especially when interviews come up. What is more frustrating is that the course covers narrower but more in depth topics than I need for DAT, and thus I have to spend a lot more time studying evolution, classification, even photosynthesis on my own. Here are the options:

1) Keep the course and get another C or worse
2) Drop it and take biology at one of CUNY's in the summer

My top choice dental school would be stony brook, or buffalo. any input would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there. If I were you, I would just keep the biology course, this late in the term if you drop you will get a "W". If you end of getting worse than a C, then just retake in the summer. If you get a C, I would move on and just try to do better in the upper division biology courses! Good luck - and keep me posted on what you plan to do!! :D