Latin_Dentist

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
ok, this is my problem i registered for cell biology along with some other classes including organic II, well i am doing good in organic, but the cell class is kicking my ass, i have been focusing on chemistry more than cell. I got a really bad grade on my practical exam and that's 30% of my lab grade. i have to get A's in my next two test in order for me to at least get a C in the class. I was wanting to drop it and pick up (retake) general chemistry II for 8 weeks. in total i will still have 16 credit hours if i drop the cell class. MY BIGG PROBLEM IS THAT THEY ARE WAITTING FOR MY SPRING GRADES BEFORE I CAN RECEIVE AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!! THEY SAID THEY WILL REVIEW MY FILES, BUT A FINAL DESICION WONT BE MADE UNTIL MY SPRING GRADES ARE IN. WHAT SHOULD I DO?? DROP, IF I DO I WILL BE DROPPING WITH A "WP" AND STILL BE FULL TIME. HELP!!!! :confused: :scared:

aceking

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
Status
can u make it P/NP instead of grade?
getting a C or or C- may not be what they were expecting

OP
L

Latin_Dentist

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
aceking said:
can u make it P/NP instead of grade?
getting a C or or C- may not be what they were expecting

what do you mean?? a WP is (withdraw passing) i cant make it a (P) only.

egpndoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
So Cal
Status
Latin_Dentist said:
ok, this is my problem i registered for cell biology along with some other classes including organic II, well i am doing good in organic, but the cell class is kicking my ass, i have been focusing on chemistry more than cell. I got a really bad grade on my practical exam and that's 30% of my lab grade. i have to get A's in my next two test in order for me to at least get a C in the class. I was wanting to drop it and pick up (retake) general chemistry II for 8 weeks. in total i will still have 16 credit hours if i drop the cell class. MY BIGG PROBLEM IS THAT THEY ARE WAITTING FOR MY SPRING GRADES BEFORE I CAN RECEIVE AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!! THEY SAID THEY WILL REVIEW MY FILES, BUT A FINAL DESICION WONT BE MADE UNTIL MY SPRING GRADES ARE IN. WHAT SHOULD I DO?? DROP, IF I DO I WILL BE DROPPING WITH A "WP" AND STILL BE FULL TIME. HELP!!!! :confused: :scared:
drop it. that C will birng down your gpa and you dont want that. if they are waiting for your spring grades then that means they are considering you, so show them one last time that you are a good applicant

CalRunner04

CalRunner04
10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
Alameda, CA
Status
If I were you, I would call the school and try to anonymously discuss the situation with an advisor or admissions officer. A "W" might be just as bad as getting a "C." If it is, study hard!!

Latin_Dentist said:
what do you mean?? a WP is (withdraw passing) i cant make it a (P) only.

JakeMUSC

D3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Charleston, SC
Status
Stop freaking out. Sounds to me, since you sound so concerned about possibly making a C that it hasnt happened to you often (if at all). If thats the case, I think a C in Cell Bio with (A or B) in Organic looks better than a W in Cell and A or B in Org. Good luck! :luck:

OP
L

Latin_Dentist

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
JakeMUSC said:
Stop freaking out. Sounds to me, since you sound so concerned about possibly making a C that it hasnt happened to you often (if at all). If thats the case, I think a C in Cell Bio with (A or B) in Organic looks better than a W in Cell and A or B in Org. Good luck! :luck:

your right i am freaking out :scared: i already have enough C's and 2 W in my records. And i got a C in organic 1. what should i do??

pink-rose57

undergrad-lad
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Alabama
Status
Pre-Dental
Did'nt you say you might pick up Gen Chem II? If you like spending time w/ Chem, take it. It's easier that Chem I imo.

JakeMUSC

D3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Charleston, SC
Status
I think you should continue with both classes. C's in major science classes are not too pretty on transcripts, but I really think, considering you already have 2 Ws, adcoms may think you give up too easily. Stay on top of organic 2, and work harder for cell. Do it and good luck! :luck: