Should I drop it??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NigelT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Hello, Im a senior in Highschool and I'm seeking advice from anyone with any type of experience...
I'm senior president, newspaper editor,debate captain.. im good academically but I'm not as good in math. Im doing ok in my precalc class but im having trouble in my Calculus class. Both classes happen to be taught from the same teacher who WORKS VERY FAST and expects alot from students. Im getting a C- in calc so far, and the combo of both classes are really making things hard for me. (im also taking ap bio and ap english) Should I drop calc? Will this make a med school admissions officer think im not "able" to handle med school when he sees i dropped calc? (im planning to enter a med program that accepts during junior year @ the college im goin to, so they'll probably look at H.S records)

one reason im dropping calc is that im not as proficient with alegebra as the teacher expects the students to be.
and is calc really that hard in college?

pleeez ANY and ALL advice welcomed, especially those that are challenged in mathematics
smile.gif

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to post this in more than one category. It has no business being in the Allopathic category anyway. Maybe the Pre-allopathic category but not here. You need to chill. No one looks at your high school grades. And don't take pre-calc and calc at the same time, that makes no sense. Drop the calc class and get the fundamentals down before you go father in math, either in high school or college.

------------------
^v^

I agree with Alceria. You don't need to post everywhere. If you look where you originally posted, in the everyhwere forum, I gave you basically the same answer as she. It doesn't make any sense to take calc and pre-calc at the same time. That's why you're having trouble with calc. Besides, med school committees do not look at HS grades, even one that accepts you during your junior year of undergrad.

[This message has been edited by Pathologist (edited 12-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Pathologist (edited 12-15-2000).]

my apologies for posting on two forums. sorry