Should I drop my Pass/Fail course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuantumMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a class called "Independent Biological Research", and it is only pass/fail. There is no grade option.

I read on SDN that adcoms look for anything at all, any freckle that gives them reason to reject you. So In my transcript, on my senior year I would have a grade of an S (satisfactory). An adcom may not want to determine what that 'S' stands for and thus dump my application, or they may just assume that I took the class pass/fail because I actually got a C-.

I don't know why this is giving me so much stress. But should I drop? My transcript would not have this "S'' in it.

Members don't see this ad.

But it would have a "W"? Also, why do you think adcoms are out for blood?

But it would have a "W"? Also, why do you think adcoms are out for blood?

As long as I drop it in the next week, it would not have a "W".

I think that if I was an adcom sifting through hundreds of applications, I would look for any reason at all to reject someone

Members don't see this ad :)
Research is cool because it provides you with insight into the field of study, improves critical / creative thinking, and allows you to learn how science is applied in a real-world setting. If you are more worried about an "S" than growing as a student, then sure, drop.

I'll let others chime in, though.