Should I drop my second major for Grad School really need some thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phenom832

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an exercise science major in which I picked up a double major in athletic training. When i picked up AT major I was under the impression I was good to go and finishing everything but after setting up classes I have to take 18 credits till im graduated and im a junior right now and possible some summer classes. I have looked into going to grad school and my gpa isnt that great like a 2.62 which most want a 3 and I thought about going to chiropractor school as well.. .Financially I am thinking it may not be worth doing the AT major as well and 2. I wanted to retake some classes to raise my gpa which I cant do now. I kinda feel bad cause the AT program let me in with bad gpa and feel like they kinda counting on me.. Also I have a decent job which im gonna have to work and the professor said i cant miss my clinical for AT for work and with my class schedule I can only do work the closing shift which are usually the clinicals.. ANY THOUGHTS?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking to apply to medical school?

You need to figure out what you want to do. Your GPA is not competitive for medical school.

I am an exercise science major in which I picked up a double major in athletic training. When i picked up AT major I was under the impression I was good to go and finishing everything but after setting up classes I have to take 18 credits till im graduated and im a junior right now and possible some summer classes. I have looked into going to grad school and my gpa isnt that great like a 2.62 which most want a 3 and I thought about going to chiropractor school as well.. .Financially I am thinking it may not be worth doing the AT major as well and 2. I wanted to retake some classes to raise my gpa which I cant do now. I kinda feel bad cause the AT program let me in with bad gpa and feel like they kinda counting on me.. Also I have a decent job which im gonna have to work and the professor said i cant miss my clinical for AT for work and with my class schedule I can only do work the closing shift which are usually the clinicals.. ANY THOUGHTS?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't add a double major in "Athletic Training" if your current major is "Exercise Science". Its a little redundant, don't you think?

Whats seems best is to:
i) do as well as possible in the major that you're in, in the limited time you have left in college
ii) figure out what to you want... chiropractor, exercise training, med school..?

Nobody can't force you to do anything that you don't want to do. So if you don't want to take 18 units until you graduate, Don't do it!!

Also you need to bring up your GPA. Average med school matriculant is like ~3.6 I think.

no i dont think i want to go to medical school but i think grad school