Should I drop this class for science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoonp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! In a bit of a dilemma and wondering what I should do. Currently I’m taking a science class that looks like I might not get an A in. If I drop it and all goes well with my other classes, I’ll be sitting on a 3.49 science GPA and a 3.69 overall. If I keep the class and get an A/A- in it, I’ll have a 3.5 science and 3.69 cumulative. I expect I’ll probably get a B+ in it and my GPA will likely be 3.48/3.68ish. Is it worth the risk or should I just drop the class, I also have some scheduling conflicts with it now. (In my last semester and have upward trend) Is the .1 difference between a 3.49 and 3.5 science really going to make an impact for M.D. assuming I have a 508+ MCAT and great EC’s? Thank you for any and all advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! In a bit of a dilemma and wondering what I should do. Currently I’m taking a science class that looks like I might not get an A in. If I drop it and all goes well with my other classes, I’ll be sitting on a 3.49 science GPA and a 3.69 overall. If I keep the class and get an A/A- in it, I’ll have a 3.5 science and 3.69 cumulative. I expect I’ll probably get a B+ in it and my GPA will likely be 3.48/3.68ish. Is it worth the risk or should I just drop the class, I also have some scheduling conflicts with it now. (In my last semester and have upward trend) Is the .1 difference between a 3.49 and 3.5 science really going to make an impact for M.D. assuming I have a 508+ MCAT and great EC’s? Thank you for any and all advice!
Don’t drop the class. 0.01 will not make a difference unless it is 3.69 to 3.7

Reactions: 1 user
As someone with similar stats that went through this cycle, you will probably need 510+ to safely get some MD interview invites.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.