Should I even apply? 3.4/3.2/500

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim&Pam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.4 cgpa/ 3.2 sgpa/ 500 mcat
White male from UIC (Chicago)

EC:
-completed CNA course
-1000+ hrs working as a medical assistant
-Started a 501c3 Non profit organization, built an orphanage in Haiti and did a medical trip with one of the doctors I work with at the clinic
-have 1 DO LOR/3 MD LOR/2 Science faculty member from school
-Chancellor’s Student Service Award at UIC
-have a pretty dope personal statement (refugee story with being first person in college in my fam/ as well as some stuff i saw in Haiti

Currently a Senior, I know i def don't have any chance at MD schools, was wondering if I have any chance at any DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

EC:
-completed CNA course
-Started a 501c3 Non profit organization, built an orphanage in Haiti and did a medical trip with one of the doctors I work with at the clinic
-have a pretty dope personal statement (refugee story with being first person in college in my fam/ as well as some stuff i saw in Haiti

Currently a Senior, I know i def don't have any chance at MD schools, was wondering if I have any chance at any DO schools?
did you look at Rosalind Franklin M.D. school? 3.5 and 3.4 averages with 508 MCAT

50% is in-state and they like diversity

I feel like your best bet is to do a special masters program, kick ass and retake the mcat. Doing well should open many doors for you.

Members don't see this ad :)

EC:
-completed CNA course

Apply broadly to DO schools and you should get some love. Skip CCOM, the coastal Touros, AZCOM, KCU

Reactions: 1 user
No to SMPs. OP listen to Goro. You should get in as is with strategic planning.

Reactions: 2 users
For DO schools you should be able to get interviews. My advice was more if you were gunning for MD.

I just checked casually but if MCAT of 500 is = 26 on old scale, I would recommend trying to retake the MCAT, to get around 508 or so. Your GPA is fine so I wouldn't do a SMP. Study for a few month and take the MCAT, then apply to all the DO schools, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere

Apply! I've been on these threads long enough to see you never know what happens until you shoot in your app. Your stats are enough for newer DO schools (but that was in combination with an EARLY app submission, not sure about now to be honest).