Should I even take organic chemistry ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sceneofcrime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. My fall semester is rapidly approaching, and I am absolutely terrified of taking organic chemistry... my school is terrible with prehealth help, so I'm kinda up in the air if I even need to be taking orgo!

I've always been of the mindset that only people who want to go medical (doctors) need organic chemistry. Looking at some of the schools of the APTA's list of physical therapy accredited schools, a lot don't even list it in their requirements! But I had spoken with a professor at my university right before the spring semester ended, and she told me it would be wise for me to take orgo...

My question is, should I take the course if I want to pursue physical therapy? I have no intentions of going premed, so I'm really confused. Any help and advice would make a very happy man! :-D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. My fall semester is rapidly approaching, and I am absolutely terrified of taking organic chemistry... my school is terrible with prehealth help, so I'm kinda up in the air if I even need to be taking orgo!

I've always been of the mindset that only people who want to go medical (doctors) need organic chemistry. Looking at some of the schools of the APTA's list of physical therapy accredited schools, a lot don't even list it in their requirements! But I had spoken with a professor at my university right before the spring semester ended, and she told me it would be wise for me to take orgo...

My question is, should I take the course if I want to pursue physical therapy? I have no intentions of going premed, so I'm really confused. Any help and advice would make a very happy man! :-D

why do you have two threads?

Unless you did well in the other chem classes and you're really interested in organic chem, I wouldn't take it. Most schools don't list it as a requirement or even recommend taking it. You're never going to use it in PT school.

I wouldn't take anything that was not required unless I just had a burning desire to learn more about the subject.