Should I even try

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaura

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just joined. I used to be going for MD but after recently getting my second try mcat score back, that hope is gone. So my I have--- gpa: 3.39 sgpa: 3.35 mcat: 26O, first mcat was a 25M

extra-curriculars include over 3 years of hospital volunteering in different clinics, research position in local med school's department of family medicine, and over a year of working at homeless shelters teaching health education. Do i have a chance in decent DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

You're right in that your MD chances are slim to none.

Your DO chances however are quite good. Apply broadly to DO and I think you will get in. Don't give up hope! Nothing wrong with DO if that's your only option; you get to the same outcome.

Hey, I just joined. I used to be going for MD but after recently getting my second try mcat score back, that hope is gone. So my I have--- gpa: 3.39 sgpa: 3.35 mcat: 26O, first mcat was a 25M

extra-curriculars include over 3 years of hospital volunteering in different clinics, research position in local med school's department of family medicine, and over a year of working at homeless shelters teaching health education. Do i have a chance in decent DO schools?

If you wait to apply next cycle, or take a gap year after graduation you can surely score well above 30 and have great EC's for MD schools as well.

You're fine for any DO school.