Should I feel guilty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
k' I was supposed to meet my friend tonight at 9pm at this bar/restaurant. However, at around 7pm I felt sick AND called and cancelled. I left 2 msg's on his cell phone + 1 msg on his home line. BUt he calls me at 9:20pm and asks me were I am?!? he told me he didn't get the msg's b/c he was working late + his cell phone's batteries died.

I feel so bad, because he took the subway to see me at this bar and I feel like I totally let him down.

Should I feel guilty, I did leave several msg's.....:scared: :scared:

leavesam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It happens. You really tried to contact him. Don't worry about it. Hope you feel better.

ericdamiansean

High Profiler
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
feel guilty all you want..but don't do anything rash..don't jump from anything higher than your chair..if you do jump..don't do it head first

if you survive...buy him lunch..if he doesn't accept your apology..
screw him..i'll beat him up for u

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously, Poop happens.

Whose fault is it anyways. Your fault for contracting a disease ;) . Or his for not checking his/her messages and not keeping his/her phone charged. Sounds like s/he's the one to blame mostly, because s/he had more control over his/her situation. Unless you purposely contracted a disease by not using protection ;) , in that case it would be mostly your fault.

Take the suggestions above and treat your friend to a meal. If your friend doesn't understand that you're sick, screw him/her; there are more problematic things in this world than to worry about a non-forgiving friend.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't feel guilty. He should feel guilty for making you feel bad due to calling him over and over and for him not charging his cell phone.
:p

Hope you feel better today.

prophecy2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ocean11
k' I was supposed to meet my friend tonight at 9pm at this bar/restaurant. However, at around 7pm I felt sick AND called and cancelled. I left 2 msg's on his cell phone + 1 msg on his home line. BUt he calls me at 9:20pm and asks me were I am?!? he told me he didn't get the msg's b/c he was working late + his cell phone's batteries died.

I feel so bad, because he took the subway to see me at this bar and I feel like I totally let him down.

Should I feel guilty, I did leave several msg's.....:scared: :scared:

You forgot to mention your friend's gender. I think that makes hella difference. Depending on which gender, you can always make it up...

proph...

irie

royale with cheese
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bewitched1081
treat him to lunch some time soon.

Or....just buy the next pitcher of beer or next drink or whatever.
If one of my friends offered to "treat me to lunch" i'd have to decline as I am not ready for a homosexual commitment at this time.