Quantcast

Should I get MCAT-Prep.com Study Materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rainbow_aloe_vera

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Anyone have any advise on the 7 full length MCAT Practice Test prep book by MCAT-Prep.com? Should I invest in purchasing this package, does it contain exams that are similar to the MCAT in terms of content and questions. I have placed the link below, please advise.
Thank you!

Amazon product

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any advise on the 7 full length MCAT Practice Test prep book by MCAT-Prep.com? Should I invest in purchasing this package, does it contain exams that are similar to the MCAT in terms of content and questions. I have placed the link below, please advise.
Thank you!

Amazon product

7 tests for $25 while most companies charge at least that much for one test. What do you think? For what it's worth, $25 is not much of an "investment," so why not buy it, compare it to an AAMC FL, and let us know????

MajorHankMed

Reaction score
Thank you!

Amazon product

I'm using it now, and it's a good product. I haven't specifically taken any of the 7 full-length exams in that book, as I started with the additional exams on MCAT-prep.com first, but I plan on taking them shortly. I got their entire Platinum Package, which for $1500 included a LOT. Specifically, it included the 11th ed ExamKrackers (you can choose Kaplan or Princeton instead of EK), the 7 full-length tests (you can take them online as well), a bunch of MCAT-prep topic review, questions, videos (including Khan Academy), and a whole slew of AAMC prep material (PTs 1-4, flash cards, question banks, etc.). I also got 3 MCAT counseling sessions with it, and my counselor ended up being the dude in the video. Pretty satisfied with it, but I must qualify that by saying I haven't tried any other paid prep programs, so take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 users

lumya

Indoor Cat
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took one of the tests from mcat-prep and the format is off and the questions aren't what I would expect. One of them asked me to refer to a previous question which I have never seen before from AAMC practice or even Kaplan/Princeton. The highlighting and strike-through mechanisms are different and all the buttons are in different places. I don't know if the content varies that much from the actual tests since I only took one practice test, but the format is really throwing me off. That may or may not affect you but I'm not a fan of the bright orange and it would be nice if they tried to make it similar to the actual test.

Reactions: 1 user

rainbow_aloe_vera

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took one of the tests from mcat-prep and the format is off and the questions aren't what I would expect. One of them asked me to refer to a previous question which I have never seen before from AAMC practice or even Kaplan/Princeton. The highlighting and strike-through mechanisms are different and all the buttons are in different places. I don't know if the content varies that much from the actual tests since I only took one practice test, but the format is really throwing me off. That may or may not affect you but I'm not a fan of the bright orange and it would be nice if they tried to make it similar to the actual test.

Thank you for your advise and heads up!

iluvmedicine2

1 Peter 5:10
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have feedback on MCAT-Prep.com materials? They seem to offer a lot, but I'm only finding comments on their practice tests.