Should I give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kal Gall

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I still have a shot at med school. Starting from the beginning, I had a really good freshman year. Sophomore year I had several family problems and ended up failing three classes plus failing a retake. I retook the rest junior year and have gotten A's and a couple B's since. My plan was to go DO and utilise grade replacement but now with them not using it anymore idk if I stand a chance. GPA without grade replacement is about a 3.4. With grade replacement 3.6. My MCAT is 517. Extracurriculars: one year of volunteer work with disabled students at my university, a semester of being a TA for bio, a research journal article, and 2.5 years of being a scribe in the ED.

Also, I come from a disadvantaged background. I was emancipated at age 16. This is what added to my family issues during my sophomore year. I will be applying as disadvantaged. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but I thought I would mention it.

Please let me know what you think and be honest! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.