Should I give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inzo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished my sophmore year, and my gpa is at at all time low of 3.0 . I took 2 C's in Calc 1 and 2.

My science gpa with all the requirements done is 3.7 but overall I have a 3.0 .
I have 5 years of volunteering at the hospital to this point, play soccer and run track for D3 school. Also I work full time because I need the money. With the mcat being the only thing left , I wont be able to take my gpa beyond 3.2 by the time I apply, I'm expecting a 35 on the MCAT. Is there any hope at this point? Retake a class or two maybe?

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you expecting a 35 on the MCAT?

What classes are bringing your GPA down if not the sciences? I hope you are including Calc in your calculation of your science GPA, because AMCAS will. I don't think you are finished, but you might want to seriously rethink your study strategy and perhaps delay applying and bring your GPA up.

I had to take classes that are required for my college in order to graduate, I took a few B's in those classes and as a result, that is where I am. I've been considering maybe, retaking the calc to improve my gpa, if I were to retake it, it would improve to a 3.5 but I'd also have to take a 20 credit semester

I've been doing mcat review for 2 years, now. By the time I take it it will be 3 years, I have pretty deep understanding of physics, chem/organic and bio. Thats why I'm expecting a 35

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished my sophmore year, and my gpa is at at all time low of 3.0 . I took 2 C's in Calc 1 and 2.

My science gpa with all the requirements done is 3.7 but overall I have a 3.0 .
I have 5 years of volunteering at the hospital to this point, play soccer and run track for D3 school. Also I work full time because I need the money. With the mcat being the only thing left , I wont be able to take my gpa beyond 3.2 by the time I apply, I'm expecting a 35 on the MCAT. Is there any hope at this point? Retake a class or two maybe?

How did you reach this expectation? did you take any practice exams?