Medical Should I go ahead and take my pre-reqs online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm currently a postbac at the NIH working somewhere between 50-60 hours a week and there is no way that I can take the remaining pre-req courses that I need for medical school (such as physics, organic chemistry) in person. I've applied to OSU's online program and they offer a few chemistry classes that have online labs. I am just worried that taking these classes online will severely limit my chances of getting into medical school as well as limit my options to what schools I can apply to. Am I going to need to quit my job so that I can take these classes in person?
Your concerns as regards admission to MD schools is justified. There are some schools that may or may not have recommendations, as opposed to requirements, and are content if you prove competency via the MCAT, rather than brick-and-mortar classroom experiences, but you're right that your school target list will be limited. The MSAR can tell you which schools are which.

That said, as a generalization, DO med school schools Do Not discriminate against online prerequisites.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.