should i go back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbujaMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i interviewed at my number one choice early october. the problem was, i missed the tour bc my interview time was messed up. the secretary told me that if i wanted to make up the tour, i could. I sort of didnt want to because i've already seen most of the school and would be missing a day of classes for it. my friend thinks that i should go for the interview because maybe it would show my interest (...somehow) and possibly up my chances at an acceptance (the school isnt rolling so i dont find out for at least 2 months i think anyways).

do you think it would be worth it for me to go, to call the secretary and say since im really interested in the school i wanted to make sure i went on the tour? or am i a paranoid premed and it doesnt really matter?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I think you should go re-schedule a visit to the school. You will be kicking yourself later if you got rejected and thought you maybe could of improved your image a bit with the secretaries. As they say, everyone seems to have a say in the admissions review, so you might as well try to make secondly good impressions on the secretaries and med. students.

Eh, you might as well. I guess there's an outside chance it'll be a positive factor in your app. At the very least, you'll probably get some inside info on your top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
if its your #1 school, then surely it cant hurt. You show your face again, and they may just open up your file to refresh their memory as to who you are :)

Of course I'm going to say you are a crazy pre-med and this won't make a difference.
But, I would go back -- especially if it was my first choice haha.