Should I go to Midyear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arrow90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a prospective 2015 grad looking exclusively at PGY1 community pharmacy residencies in the metro area that I live in and a metro area less than two hours away (within the same state). Is it likely to be worth the financial burden to go to Midyear or am I likely to have just as much luck contacting sites directly and potentially visiting them to discuss questions that I have? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, if you're only looking in your area and at community pharmacy residencies, I would save your money. Can you attend a local residency showcase? That'd be your best bet. Also, do you know if these programs are even going to be at Midyear? I don't think a lot of community pharmacy residencies are, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Does your state organization or school have an annual meeting with residency showcase? Midyear is not necessary to land a residency, especially if you are looking locally.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Only if Midyear is in Las Vegas and you feel lucky enough to win back whatever you spent on travel. ;)

Thanks for your input! I think I'll save my money. :)