SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Should I go to Midyear?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Residencies and Fellowships' started by arrow90, Sep 29, 2014.

1. arrow90

arrow90

Jan 30, 2014
    I'm a prospective 2015 grad looking exclusively at PGY1 community pharmacy residencies in the metro area that I live in and a metro area less than two hours away (within the same state). Is it likely to be worth the financial burden to go to Midyear or am I likely to have just as much luck contacting sites directly and potentially visiting them to discuss questions that I have? Thanks in advance!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. GoldfishPharmD

GoldfishPharmD walking on a dream 7+ Year Member

May 24, 2009
    Honestly, if you're only looking in your area and at community pharmacy residencies, I would save your money. Can you attend a local residency showcase? That'd be your best bet. Also, do you know if these programs are even going to be at Midyear? I don't think a lot of community pharmacy residencies are, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

4. KARM12

KARM12 Super Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2006
    East
    Does your state organization or school have an annual meeting with residency showcase? Midyear is not necessary to land a residency, especially if you are looking locally.

Dalteparin likes this.
  5. Dalteparin

Dalteparin 7+ Year Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Only if Midyear is in Las Vegas and you feel lucky enough to win back whatever you spent on travel. ;)

GoldfishPharmD likes this.
  6. arrow90

arrow90

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks for your input! I think I'll save my money. :)

GoldfishPharmD likes this.