Should I go to my VCU interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dentalgirl6500

I was recently accepted to Penn, Columbia, and Tufts? Should I still go to my VCU interview? The school is very cheap, but I'm not sure how important it is to go to a "good" school.

Members don't see this ad.

No, but be sure to let them know as soon as possible. They should be able to give a last minute interview chance to someone who is smart enough to not bury themselves in a mountain of debt.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Cheap? When I went to my interview, the OOS tuition cost sheets they gave us showed it was more expensive than Columbia. It was a really nice program though.

Cheap? When I went to my interview, the OOS tuition cost sheets they gave us showed it was more expensive than Columbia. It was a really nice program though.
Ok good to know. I was looking online and I think they only gave us tuition and some fees but not all. Maybe it isnt worth it then!

Ok good to know. I was looking online and I think they only gave us tuition and some fees but not all. Maybe it isnt worth it then!
The tuition and fees calculator they send you with the interview invite is very outdated. I don't remember exactly but with COL it was around $110k I believe.

Talk to students that go to either school and get their feedback. Find out about the curriculum. Decide what factors matter to you and then compare your choices

Reactions: 1 users
VCU is 72 total costs for the school, gets up to 80-90k if OOS.
Those other schools will be much more expensive simply by virtue of being in a more expensive city.

VCU is 72 total costs for the school, gets up to 80-90k if OOS.
Those other schools will be much more expensive simply by virtue of being in a more expensive city.
Columbia was 85k for tuition. You are right though living in NYC will be much more.

VCU is a great school, but what is most important is not the school but what you do once you are in it (aside from cost). There are ample resources and opportunities available to everyone in these schools. One of my classmates (first year) just flew to Dubai to present his research and he has another case he'll research in Africa over Christmas break. Pretty remarkable opportunities but it has more to do with the individual than anything else. Above all I'd go to a school with the lowest cost of attendance because you can make a great experience for yourself regardless where you attend.

Reactions: 3 users