Should I go to TUCOM-Ca?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TUtiff

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my acceptance to TUCOM, MI and I am really excited. I haven't signed the letter yet because I have a few questions/worries. Maybe some of you can help me out. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about TUCOM and did not get the best feeling about the campus, but I did like the people I met at the interview and on campus. The curriculum seems good, but I'm worried about eventually getting a residency outisde of California (near Chicago). I've also heard mixed reviews about the rotations, is it going to be hard since Touro has no affiliated hospitals? My other doubts are about the campus facilities, lack of technology, and the general area/living, but they aren't as important. Sorry to ramble! Please help, any information will be great! I have to decide by Monday. (Let me add that I have yet to be accepted anywhere else.)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi TUtiff,
I also saw your post in the pre-osteo forum. Just to let you know, TUCOM-MI is affiliated with some hospitals. Check out the link: http://www.tucom.edu/admissions.htm -- scroll down on the left and click on 'Affiliated Hospitals'.

hope that helps :)

Congrats on your acceptance btw :thumbup:

If it helps at all, I got into CCOM and am still going to TUCOM. I know that CCOM had a representative at TUCOM when the hospitals were giving information to the upperclassmen regarding rotations. I would like a residency in CA so I'm going to TUCOM, if I wanted one in Chicago there'd be no doubt I'd be at CCOM cause their rotation sites are awesome.
Furthermore, I think you'd be crazy to not put your deposit down not having gotten in anywhere else since it's extremely late in the cycle and there are no guarantees you'll get in anywhere else. What is a guarantee is that at Touro, you'll get a great education, be able to rotate in sites throughout CA, and get your first or second choice residency (95% 1st choice match rate).

Members don't see this ad :)
TUtiff said:
I just got my acceptance to TUCOM, MI and I am really excited. I haven't signed the letter yet because I have a few questions/worries. Maybe some of you can help me out. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about TUCOM and did not get the best feeling about the campus, but I did like the people I met at the interview and on campus. The curriculum seems good, but I'm worried about eventually getting a residency outisde of California (near Chicago). I've also heard mixed reviews about the rotations, is it going to be hard since Touro has no affiliated hospitals? My other doubts are about the campus facilities, lack of technology, and the general area/living, but they aren't as important. Sorry to ramble! Please help, any information will be great! I have to decide by Monday. (Let me add that I have yet to be accepted anywhere else.)

So what did you decide? It is almost April. Did you choose TUCOM or CCOM?
Just curious.